Re: Bogus reply-to

On Aug 08, 11:22, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2004-08-09, Tim Connors penned:
> >
> > What I am saying, is all of these discussion lists have differnt
> > policies.  It's kind of silly expecting people to remember which
> > policy belongs to which list, and blasting people when they get it
> > wrong.
>
> My understanding is that gmane translates my Mail-Copies-To: never into
> the appropriate mail followup header.  I've asked a couple of times if
> this is working, and no one has said anything to me, so I assume it is.
> In fact:

> shows:

> Aren't these the vaunted headers?  And yet, I get cc'd, or directly
> emailed, all the time.  Either people's clients or broken, or they are.
> Either way, the headers don't work.  Not reliably.

I use mutt, if I press 'r' to reply I get offered the following address

Reply to user@localhost.pauken.co.uk? ([yes]/no):

If I refuse I get offered your bounce address, neither of which are good
options.

If I press 'g' to reply I get the list, which sort of makes sense but is
not particularily intuitive IMHO.

Peace Jim

--
keys:  http://freesolutions.net/jim/pubkey.asc

 Any frontal attack on ignorance is bound to fail because the masses are
 always ready to defend their most precious possession -- their ignorance.
 --Hendrik Van Loon (1882-1944)