Re: Bogus reply-to

On 2004-08-08, Tim Connors penned:
> "Monique Y. Mudama" <spam@bounceswoosh.org> said on Sat, 7 Aug 2004 20:28:08 -0600:
> x> I don't know if that would even have a prayer of working, but I don't
>> want to do anything malicious; I'm just sick of getting duplicates!
>
> .procmailrc:
>
> # if testing, don't do duplicate test
> # avoid duplicate messages
>:0 Whc: msgid.lock
> * $ ${TESTMAIL+!}
>| formail -D 16384 .msgid.cache
>
>:0 a:
> .duplicates

Do I really need to repeat for the hundredth time that I read
debian-user through gmane, ie, as a newsgroup, so that your procmail
recipe does precisely diddly for me??

Sorry.  I've just gotten that response a ton of times, and 1) it doesn't
help me, and 2) it's beside the point.  I shouldn't *have* to do any of
this -- d-u has a policy against cc'ing unless requested, and I set my
mail headers appropriately.  But that's apparently not enough, so I try
silly things like bogus Reply-To's to deal with what should be a
non-issue.

Er, rant off.  Must go mountain bike.

--
monique