Re: Bogus reply-to

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:50:11 +0100
Jim Bailey <jim@freesolutions.net> wrote:

> On Aug 08, 11:22, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

> > Aren't these the vaunted headers?  And yet, I get cc'd, or directly
> > emailed, all the time.  Either people's clients or broken, or they
> > are. Either way, the headers don't work.  Not reliably.
>
> I use mutt, if I press 'r' to reply I get offered the following
> address
>
> Reply to user@localhost.pauken.co.uk? ([yes]/no):
>
> If I refuse I get offered your bounce address, neither of which are
> good options.
>
> If I press 'g' to reply I get the list, which sort of makes sense but
> is not particularily intuitive IMHO.

Mutt's the best about honoring the Mail-Followup-To header; good choice.

'g' in my version of mutt (1.5.6) makes it send to the list *and* the
OP.

'L' however, sends to just the list. It may not seem straight-forward at
first, but that's why there's the mutt users manual, so you don't have
to guess at these things or learn them on your own. The mutt manual is
normally bound to the F1 key in mutt.

To learn more about the reply-to-list feature, do a search in the mutt
manual on "list-reply" and read section 3.10 Mailing Lists.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #40:
Reset button? What reset button? - Linux, the OS that never sleeps.