Re: System clock too fast after kernel upgrade

On 22 Jun 2004, Felix C. Stegerman wrote:
> I realise this is probably not Debian-specific,
> but I'm hoping someone on this list can help me out anyway.
>
> I upgraded to kernel 2.6.7-mm1 today.
> (source from kernel.org, built with make-kpkg)
>
> Now, my system clock is running too fast: about 3-4x normal speed.
> This is obviously not very convenient.
> I searched google and found a reference to a similar problem [1].
> The solution provided there, passing "clock=tsc" to the kernel,
> has absolutely no effect.
>
> I hope someone on this list can shed some light on this
> and can help me solve this

I found the clock was fast (though not as fast as that) with kernel
2.6.6. It also was very difficult to regulate with adjtimex. Then I
realized that I had not optimized the kernel for the via chipset, which
I have; including this optimization seems to have restored things to
normal.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic