Re: System clock too fast after kernel upgrade

* Felix C. Stegerman <quix@free.fr>:

> I upgraded to kernel 2.6.7-mm1 today.
> (source from kernel.org, built with make-kpkg)
>
> Now, my system clock is running too fast: about 3-4x normal speed.
> This is obviously not very convenient.

Strange, my clock problems passed away with kernel 2.6.7.

As far as I know, it has something to do with wrong ACPI implementations
of some BIOS. After some changes/corrections of the ACPI kernel code the
kernel has to blacklist some boards or provide fixes.

I have a nforce2 based ASUS A7N8X-X board. Doesn't help you, but maybe
you should file a bug report.

--
  Kai Weber
» kai.weber@glorybox.de   http://www.glorybox.de   gpg-key: 0x594D4132