System clock too fast after kernel upgrade

I realise this is probably not Debian-specific,
but I'm hoping someone on this list can help me out anyway.

I upgraded to kernel 2.6.7-mm1 today.
(source from kernel.org, built with make-kpkg)

Now, my system clock is running too fast: about 3-4x normal speed.
This is obviously not very convenient.
I searched google and found a reference to a similar problem [1].
The solution provided there, passing "clock=tsc" to the kernel,
has absolutely no effect.

I hope someone on this list can shed some light on this
and can help me solve this

Felix

[1] http://www.webservertalk.com/message240480.html

--
Felix C. Stegerman

the QuiX project - Open Source Software Development
E-Mail: quix@free.fr
Web:    http://www.quix.tk/