Re: System clock too fast after kernel upgrade

Anthony Campbell wrote:
On 22 Jun 2004, Felix C. Stegerman wrote:

I realise this is probably not Debian-specific,
but I'm hoping someone on this list can help me out anyway.

[...]

I found the clock was fast (though not as fast as that) with kernel
2.6.6. It also was very difficult to regulate with adjtimex. Then I
realized that I had not optimized the kernel for the via chipset, which
I have; including this optimization seems to have restored things to
normal.

Anthony

What exactly do you mean by optimization?
More than compiled-in support/modules for your specific chipset?

I also have a VIA chipset: KT333 North Bridge / VT8233A South Bridge.
And I'm using CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX=y in my kernel config.
AFAIK that's all the optimization I can get.

Felix

--
Felix C. Stegerman

the QuiX project - Open Source Software Development
E-Mail: quix@free.fr
Web:    http://www.quix.tk/