Re: ccing

Matthias Czapla wrote:

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 12:22:07AM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
I tell mutt to show me a few index lines at the top of the pager
window.
That gets the right two T-bird panes. I can sort the headers by any column with a click and reorganize the indexes.

In the index view of mutt hit 'o' to sort by date, sender, size etc.
True but the thread sort doesn't use a tree view.

Thanks for all your input. I've got "The Mutt E-Mail Client" doc open now and I will read some more and try some of this. I think I am equally at home in both GUI and text-based worlds and I think this may be a case where a quite good GUI email client like Thunderbird is going to win out overall over mutt at least on a larger sized screen.

Each one has it's pros and cons. The very biggest plus of mutt for me
is that I can login to my machine from anywhere on the internet and
handle my mail as if I were at home.

I been busy enough with other things that I haven't even looked into fetching my mail in a manner that makes that practical yet. Even so with the right choices I should be able to use T-bird at home and mutt elsewhere.

Furthermore I just dont like using
GUIs, the command line is much quicker to use IMO.
I fully appreciate the efficiency of the keyboard and leaving X out of the picture as much as possible but I think for my situation the eye is quicker than the hand here for part of the navigation process. From there I use the keyboard as much as possible.

Take care,

Paul