Re: Massive increase of spam on debian-*@l.d.o

Paul Johnson wrote:

> Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> writes:

>>      It does.  Welcome to the Real World, Paul, where the vast
>> majority of the populace have 1 and exactly 1 broadband option.

> If they can't secure their system, the don't deserve to be
> online.  Period, end of story.

I think you missed the point - because most customers have only one choice
for broadband, they can't switch providers if their current provider is
unresponsive to abuse.

That is one of the reasons unresponsiveness to abuse does not cost broadband
providers many customers - most of their customers have no provider to
switch to. The other reason (as I already pointed out) is that most of
their customers only care about speed and price - they don't care about
responsiveness to abuse.

Adam