Massive increase of spam on debian-*@l.d.o

This isn't an accusation, just a question:

What steps are being taken to mitigate the significant increase in spam
getting through to the lists?  It seems to have picked up dramatically
in the last two or three weeks.

Is it fixable?  Do I need to start giving up on Debian being able to
filter the spam?  and do Bayesian filtering myself on mail I get from
the lists?  I think I read that so far only Bayesian filtering works and
"klecker" can't handle it, so it's going to keep coming.