Re: installation, Linux source code

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:32:36 -0600
John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:

> Chris Metzler writes:
> > Pick a specific topic that you're *expert* in, compared to the general
> > /. population.  Find in the archives and read a discussion on that
> > topic. Look at the +3, +4 and +5 posts only.  Do you really find them
> > that impressive?  My bet is that the answer will be "no."
>
> Now do likewise for the general media.  The difference?  The articles
> are always written in an authoritative tone, and there is _no_
> discussion and_no_ comments.

I'm confused as to what you're trying to say.  It seems like you're
saying that one source of crappy information (e.g. a news story in
your local newspaper) isn't as good as a different source of crappy
information (i.e. /.), because even though /.'s information is
crappy, there's a lot *more* of it.  (since, after all, it's in that
discussion and commentary at /. that the crappiness resides)

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)