Re: Lost isa card with Kernel 2.6

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 20:37, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> Robert Rati <r.rati@comcast.net> writes:
> > CONFIG_ISAPNP is enabled in the Debian kernel, so is there a way to tell
> > if the kernel found any isapnp cards?  I've looked all through /proc,
> > including /proc/bus/pnp, but I haven't been able to see anything.  The
> > old /proc/pci doesn't exist and I can't seem to find it's replacement
>
> (Sorry, I'm coming into this thread late; I hope this isn't totally
> irrelevant.)
>
> I'm not sure exactly what from the old /proc/pci is missing, but in
> addition to /proc/bus/pci, did you also see /sys/bus/pci?
>
> lspci also works fine using /proc/bus/pci.

I missed the addition of the /sys filesystem, and that appears to be
what pnp.txt in the kernel documentation is talking about.  I see many
0x:00 entries in /sys/bus/pnp/devices, but how do you tell what's what?
I looked at the resource and options file of all the entries, and some
of them I could tell what they were, but not all of them.  I assume if
an entry for a device/card isn't there then the kernel didn't find it?
And if the kernel didn't find it, there's probably no way to "help" the
kernel find it is there?  I should probably break down and try
isapnptools shouldn't I?

Here's an output from my system boot:
ACPI: Subsystem revision 20040116
ACPI: Interpreter disabled.
Linux Plug and Play Support v0.97 (c) Adam Belay
PnPBIOS: Scanning system for PnP BIOS support...
PnPBIOS: Found PnP BIOS installation structure at 0xc00fbda0
PnPBIOS: PnP BIOS version 1.0, entry 0xf0000:0xbdd0, dseg 0xf0000
pnp: 00:0b: ioport range 0x208-0x20f has been reserved
PnPBIOS: 16 nodes reported by PnP BIOS; 16 recorded by driver
ACPI: ACPI tables contain no PCI IRQ routing entries
PCI: Invalid ACPI-PCI IRQ routing table
PCI: Probing PCI hardware
PCI: Probing PCI hardware (bus 00)
PCI: Using IRQ router PIIX/ICH [8086/7110] at 0000:00:07.0

Does the "pnp: 00:0b" signify that the kernel found a pnp device?  if
so, do I just need to configure this device in /sys?

Rob
--
                                    |       L    I  NN N  U U  X X  O
r.rati@attbi.com            2002-03 |       L    I  N NN  U U   X
Aka Khyron the Backstabber          |       LLL  I  N  N  UUU  X X  O