Re: Lost isa card with Kernel 2.6

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 14:07, Pigeon wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 10:47:44PM -0600, Robert Rati wrote:
> > >
> > > ISA plug and play is an "experimental" option in 2.6. I don't know if
> > > the Debian kernels set it. Check the kernel config file; is
> > > CONFIG_ISAPNP set? If not, you'll have to build your own kernel.
> > >
> > > Or, are your ordinary serial ports recognised? If not, try "modprobe
> > > serial_core".
> >
> > My serial ports are recognized correctly, it's just the modem that's
> > not.  Is there a way to check the configuration of the kernel that is
> > running (ie something in /proc),
>
> I don't do my kernels the Debian Way, but AIUI there should be a
> config file in /boot, called config-2.6.3 or something similar.

CONFIG_ISAPNP is enabled in the Debian kernel, so is there a way to tell
if the kernel found any isapnp cards?  I've looked all through /proc,
including /proc/bus/pnp, but I haven't been able to see anything.  The
old /proc/pci doesn't exist and I can't seem to find it's replacement
(at least not anything that would display what /proc/pci used to).
/proc/bus/pnp is quite confusing and the pnp.txt file for the kernel
isn't any help either (the example doesn't seem to correlate to what I
see in /proc/bus/pnp).  Any other ideas other than trying the
isapnptools package?

Rob
--
                                    |       L    I  NN N  U U  X X  O
r.rati@attbi.com            2002-03 |       L    I  N NN  U U   X
Aka Khyron the Backstabber          |       LLL  I  N  N  UUU  X X  O