Re: Reconfiguring internal clock

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 09:51:33PM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> Incoming from Brian Brazil:
> > I believe the relavent file is /etc/adjtime.

I was wrong there. Looking at ye olde /etc/init.d/hwclock(first)?.sh it infers
that /etc/default/rcS is the file. Debian uses this to overide /etc/adjtime
for its time-related boot scripts from my reading of them.

> I think adjtime is intended for managing clock drift, though I see
> from catting it, it does have "UTC" in it.  Hmm ...

This selects --localtime or --utc for hwclock if not specified, according
to the man page. The other possible value is 'LOCAL'. hwclock --adjtime
will do clock drift stuff based on this file.

Base-config appears to alter rcS but not adjtime.

>From this my interpretation is that as long as you aren't messing around
with hwclock(outside of the boot scripts) only rcS needs to be right.

Brian