Re: arecord ?

> I have an ISA card CS4236, using ALSA driver-latest one,  which otherwise works
> fine, the microphone does work fine, but can't make any sound-recording program
> to work with it - ecasound, arecord.
>
> Both programs generate output, programs end recording fine, but no sound
> is recorded.
>
> Is there some sort of setting order sound-record to work ?

Is the mic muted? 'tkmixer' is quite a nice little mixer program to
check these things with.

Can you record from other sources? What about if you set the recording
source (using 'tkmixer') to be under the 'Vol' button? i.e. you're
record the mixed input rather than directly from one of the unmixed
sources?

What command are you using to record? What's the complete command
line? What's the output? If you run 'file <recorded-data-file>'
what does it say?

Alexis