Re: Reconfiguring internal clock

Incoming from Brian Brazil:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 06:32:34PM +0100, Stefan Bellon wrote:
> > Being used to that, I did the same for the notebook. But on the
> > notebook there's another operating system present which assumes the
> > hardware clock stores local time.
> >
> > How can I reconfigure this setting with Debian GNU/Linux unstable?
>
> I believe the relavent file is /etc/adjtime.

I think adjtime is intended for managing clock drift, though I see
from catting it, it does have "UTC" in it.  Hmm ...

> Use 'base-config' to change it.
> See hwclock(8) for more information. 'date' is also handy.

   date -s '+Sat Jul 28 14:23:25 UTC 2001'  # edit to taste.
   hwclock --adjust                         # fiddles/updates adjtime
   hwclock --systohc                        # write systime to bios clock

At least, I think that's how it's supposed to work.  Then have cron do
"/sbin/hwclock --hctosys --utc" daily.

- -