Re: TrueType fonts and X

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:13:13PM +1100, Rob Weir wrote:
> Does /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 mention the x-ttcidfont-conf directory?
Sure.  As I said in my post, I've followed your font guide ;).

> Compare their /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 files.
Differs only in HW specific stuff.

But finally I managed to find the solution.  Or I should rather say I've
found someone to blame for causing problems ;).  To be concrete
ttf-xfree86-nonfree-syriac package (yap, I wonder why I have that
installed, too ;).  I discovered this error message in XFree86.log:

Could not init font path element /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType, removing from list!

When I removed syriac font package or just unregistered those fonts from
defoma, error message disappears and TT fonts are again available to X.

Thank you for your time and advices and be carefull when using syriac fonts
;).  Rob, thanks a lot for your font guide.

Anyway no hints about:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2004/debian-kde-200402/msg00063.html ;)?

Could anyone tell me how to persuade KDE 3.1 to show fonts with same name
from different foundries separately?

th.