Re: TrueType fonts and X

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 01:20:29AM +0100, Tomas Hoger said
> Hi!
>
> I know it's boring, but I do have one another question / problem with
> fonts, specially truetype fonts.  I've seen some recent threads about
> fonts, I've read this (http://egads.ertius.org/~rob/font_guide.txt) howto,
> but it does not help ;(.
>
> Long story short: truetype fonts does not seem to work with X and gtk1.
> They works fine under KDE3, gtk2, OpenOffice, ... .  I do have
> x-ttcidfont-conf and defoma installed and correct paths set as suggested by
> Rob's font_guide.  I also have msttcorefonts, but xfontsel does not show
> foundry microsoft and those fonts are not available to gtk1 apps
> (gtkfontsel, switch).

Does /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 mention the x-ttcidfont-conf directory?

> However when this Sid box was installed about 6
> months ago, tt fonts were working out-of-box.  On one another box I've
> installed at about the same time, tt fonts works fine, so I guess screwed
> my config somehow, but I really have no idea how.  Any suggestions and
> hints are appreciated.

Compare their /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 files.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:    Sundevil VX nerve gas satellite imagery Leitrim War Crimes