Re: mailto in mozilla-firebird

On February 16, 2004 06:39, Michael Graham wrote:
> Micha wrote:
> > Is it possible to tell mozilla-firebird how to handle mailto links?
> > I am using exim4 + mutt for mail.
>
> yep, http://mozex.mozdev.org/

Or there's the way it's supposed to work (at least with recent versions
of mozilla-firebird/firefox). You have to have Gnome installed
(unfortunately) and from the Gnome control centre you have to do the
following:

Advanced --> File types and programs | Internet Services

then select Add Service

give it a name, and the protocol is simply "mailto" (no quotes, no :
either). For the program, type in /usr/bin/kmail or whatever.

Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to pass the subject to kmail;
kmail -s <subject> works, but I don't know how to configure that in
Gnome Control Centre.

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

There is no art which one government sooner learns of another
than that of draining money from the pockets of the people.
-Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations