Re: GCC

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 05:29:46PM -0600, Debian User said
> I have a snippett of code that is supposed to work under GCC 3.3.2 and
> does under Redhat, however it gives me compiler errors of the GCC 2.95
> days...

Perhaps you could share the error message with us?

> I run testing and GCC -v shows 3.3.2, can anyone give me some
> information and/or pointers to some solutions?
>
> Thanks, Brian
>
> #include "StudentRecord.h"

You didn't include this file, so nobody else can attempt to replicate
your problem.

> #include<iostream>
> #include<string>
> #include<cctype>
> #include<iomanip>
> #include<algorithm>
>

> void StudentRecord::MakeCaseInsensitiveKey(void)
> {
> 	string key;
> 	key = lastName + " " + firstName;
>
> //  transform(key.begin(), key.end(), key.begin(), tolower);
>
> //  method explained in class above, however won't compile under GCC
> 3.3.2 Debian
> //  reference for fix:
> //
> http://gethelp.devx.com/techtips/cpp_pro/10min/2002/Oct/10min1002-2.asp
>
> 	transform(key.begin(), key.end(), key.begin(), (int(*)(int)) toupper);
> }

Is it that you forgot to "using namespace std;" after the #include's?

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:     SSL corporate security Majic Jiang Zemin BLU-97 A/B NORAD