Re: Mobo with fan controls

s. keeling wrote:
Incoming from Hugo Vanwoerkom:

I am looking for a mobo that has controls on for all its fans so they can be turned off or down when not needed, like the laptops do.

I have never understood you guys who want to do this with finesse.

It's in the, what?, brain, soul, character? I play with the box as with Debian: I have now 8 Debian partitions on 2 HD's, varying from Sarge without Backstreet Ruby to Sarge with Backstreet Ruby, kernel 2.4.22 AND kernel 2.6.0, and now with Woody from the 7 CD's I downloaded. I am after "perfect" control and the box has to be next to me because it's dear to me (?), but it makes noise whether it needs to or not and that ought not to be... ;-)

Hugo

<snip>