Re: [OT] Bruce Perens talks to BBC

Mike M wrote:
There's no way to separate the
private concerns from the public ones.  How is the business of oil to be
separated from the world's current woes?

    How does government meddling in it improve anything?

Who is responsible for the atrocities that
followed, consisting of human enslavement, destruction of families, and
massive bloodshed in the American Civil War?  The engineers and
businessmen in Britain? The Southern United States plantation owners?
The consumers that loaded up on cheap and plentiful textile products?

My vote would be on the slavers and those who bought them, Bob. Deprivation of another individuals rights. In that case it is a local matter. IE the government would police its own population. What it should not do is go out and police the *OTHER* nation's population.