Re: [OT] Bruce Perens talks to BBC
On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 04:49:26AM +0100, Jan Minar wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 05:01:17PM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
> > Here's another view of that data:
> What about this one?:
> | Country Aid(Billions) People(Millions) Dollars/Person
> | Australia 1 19.7 50.76
> | Austria 0.5 8.1 61.73
> | Belgium 1.1 10.2 107.84
> | Canada 2 32.2 62.11
> | Denmark 1.6 5.3 301.89
> | Finland 0.5 5.1 98.04
> | France 5.2 60.1 86.52
> | Germany 5.4 82.3 65.61
> | Greece 0.3 10.6 28.30
> | Ireland 0.4 3.9 102.56
> | Italy 2.3 57.9 39.72
> | Japan 9.2 127.2 72.33
> | Luxembourg 0.1 0.4 250.00
> | Netherlands 3.4 16.1 211.18
> | New Zealand 0.1 3.9 25.64
> | Norway 1.7 4.5 377.78
> | Portugal 0.3 10.1 29.70
> | Spain 1.6 40.2 39.80
> | Sweden 1.8 8.8 204.55
> | Switzerland 0.9 7.3 123.29
> | U K 4.7 60 78.33
> | USA 12.9 290.3 44.44
> As any person capable of reading can see, The US *are* the worst!
Really? And you get that from this table, do you? The *worst*?
You know what? I think the we (the U.S.) should cut off aid entirely to
the rest of the world. The rest of the world has a serious habit of
biting the hand that feeds it. So let them fend for themselves.
And here are some guidelines for "living in the shadow of the United
States of America":
1. Don't call us when you need help fending off the next power-mad
psycho bent on enslaving the entire planet.
2. Don't call us when you've finished erecting the full-on socialist
state you're busy creating in Europe, and you don't like the results.
3. Don't come here to escape your crushing taxes.
4. Don't come here to avoid your crappy socialized health care system.
5. Don't expect sympathy when 3000 of your citizens become victims of
the next Islamist nut job with a plan, who claims he hates the U.S. but
inexplicably attacks you instead.
6. Don't come here to find "opportunity" or "the promise of a better
life." That includes you, Mexico.
7. Don't expect our help in creating an economy or a society that
actually works. Our founding documents are all on the internet for you
to peruse. That's how we did it and how we do it.
8. Don't expect to benefit from any technological advances created in
the U.S., including new life-saving drugs.
9. Don't call us.
Yeah, the U.S. really sucks. And we love hearing it over and over again
from people who are cut off from the fruits of observation, and are
really incapable of doing anything but whining. Or who really just have
a socialist or communist agenda.