Re: [OT] Bruce Perens talks to BBC

Mike M wrote:
The point-by-point rebuttal was rendered moot by this last part.  We (the
US) must not withdraw from the world and our borders must remain open and
we must accept being hated and we must stop being so arrogant and we must do business fairly.

I never said the borders should be closed. I said that the US (meaning the US government, sorry for being unclear) should not be meddling in the affairs of other nations, PERIOD. *NO* military action. *NO* aid. *NOTHING*. The government should be here govern the US and that's it.

If individuals or business want to do something outside the US, have fun. If other individuals or businesses want to come here, all the power to them. But in both those cases it is a mutually consensual agreement and does not come off as something the US Government and this *as a whole nation* is doing and supporting.