Re: linux bewbie lame question

Incoming from Katipo:
> On Tue,  6 Jan 2004 12:34:51 -0500
> linux@austrialpinusa.com wrote:
>
> > Citát Uwe Dippel <udippel@uniten.edu.my>:

> > I am newbie and this is my experience. Gnome runs faster and gives me
> > less trouble :)) KDE is more fancy and has more sofisticated
> > [snip]
> > > You happen to have a browser available ? - Good. Then it's time to
> > > leave this list for a moment and start to google.
>
> Google on what?
> What is Google?
> You assume too much in your arrogance.

Luidiji, zdat choo?!?    [Sorry, inside joke.]

> The thread is a genuine one.
> If it is too much trouble for you to involve yourself on any genuine
> level, stay out of it.

If you can't be civil, please don't be at all.  If you're so new to
all this that you don't understand the differences between gnome and
kde, this is probably the wrong place to ask.  You should be going to
www.gnome.org and (?!?) www.kde.org first.

"Google" means to open up a "web browser" (Netscape, Mozilla, Internet
Explorer, w3m, links, lynx, dillo, Opera, ...) and plug in
"groups.google.com" as the address to go to.

Once there you'll be presented a box asking what you're looking for.
You can try "+differences +gnome +kde".  Perhaps there are better
things to search for, but that's a start.

Don't assume malice if you don't understand the answer.  It could
simply be miscommunication.  And, as Olive Oyle's dad used to say,
"You owe us an apology."

- -