Re: linux bewbie lame question

Citát Debian User <sineguanda@mastersec.org>:

> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:44:43AM -0000, Tendril wrote:
>
> What happens when you ran xmms or another audio as root ?
>
> --------------------------
>
> > Hi Andreas. I have added my user to the audio group (in fact I have added
> it
> > to all groupes for now) and changed the file permissions (chmod 660 dsp)
> but
> > I still get the error.
> >
> > Help please.
> >
> > Also, why would I get problems with konqeror when I have logged into a
> > terminal as su? It just hangs, even once I have logged out. I just get a
> > flashing icon for a minute or so which then dissapears and the program
> never
> > starts.

forget about konqueror, it hang on me too. try mozilla.
just type "mozilla" from command line or "netscape" this is more stable if you
have an old piece of hardware and little memory. Also try Gnome environment I
find it working better for my OLD Veteran (200 MHz non MMX Ram:256). :) Works
better for me. You can still use KDE applications from menu or executing them
from command line. Maybe not the best way how to solve the problem with
konqueror, but this is how I get arround my system.
ed.