Re: more install problems

Can I check, do you have the package kernel-pcmcia-modules-2.4.18-686?

try
# modprobe pcmcia_core
# modprobe yenta_socket

The 8139too driver should be able to work, since it did on Mandrake, but there may be a problem with it being compiled in, while the pcmcia core support is in modules (I don't know about this, but it seems possible).

If the above doesn't work, you'll need the kernel-image-2.4.18-686 package, which has 8139too as a module.

I wonder why 8139too is not a module in bf2.4 -- does anyone know if there's a good reason or if it's an oversight?

--
Andrew