Re: more install problems

Richard Lyons wrote:
Good morning, Andrew.

On Saturday 02 August 2003 08:50, Andrew McGuinness wrote:

Richard Lyons wrote:

[...]

[the driver] is the version distributed by the card maker...
with the card.  Looks out of date.  No changelog on the disk.

Is the card actually a pcmcia card (I understood it was) or is it
built-in to the thinkpad?

Yes it's a pcmcia card. Not built in.

Can you run "cardctl ident" and send the output.

This is what I get:

segaccia:~# cardctl ident
Socket 0:
  no product info available
Socket 1:
  product info: "Realtek", "Rtl8139"
  manfid: 0x0000, 0x024c
  function: 6 (network)
  PCI id: 0x10ec, 0x8139

[...]

I really think the 8139too driver in 2.4.18 ought to be able to work this.

The problem must be either a general PCMIA issue, or a problem with the 8139too driver being compiled-in instead of being a module.

I just saw your next email, which confirms that the 8139too driver is OK.

Can you look in /var/log/dmesg for anything relevant to pcmcia or network?