X problems after an upgrade with bunk packages

Hello everybody,

Today I did an upgrade using
apt-get upgrade
with the bunk packages in the /etc/apt/sources.list -
and it had a lot of upgrades for x in the bunk
packages. I never had problems with the bunk packages
before but... now suddenly the X isn't working anymore
!
I now removed the bunk packages urls from the
/etc/apt/sources.list but I don't know exactly what I
should downgrade.
I seem to remember there is a downloading log
somewhere but... I don't know where it is...

Can someone tell me where this log file is - or, which
x programs to downgrade ?

Thanks for your help !

Joris Huizer