Re: more install problems

On Saturday 02 August 2003 12:53, Andrew McGuinness wrote:
> Can I check, do you have the package
> kernel-pcmcia-modules-2.4.18-686?

err.. no.

> try
> # modprobe pcmcia_core
> # modprobe yenta_socket

they find nothing

> The 8139too driver should be able to work, since it did on
> Mandrake, but there may be a problem with it being compiled in,
> while the pcmcia core support is in modules (I don't know about
> this, but it seems possible).
>
> If the above doesn't work, you'll need the kernel-image-2.4.18-686
> package, which has 8139too as a module.

Ok Installed it from the distribution cd.  Now:
 # modprobe pcmcia_core
 # modprobe yenta_socket
 PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 00:02.0
 PCI: Sharing IRQ 9 with 00:05.0
 PCI: Sharing IRQ 9 with 01:00.0
 PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 00:02.1
 Yenta IRQ list 0cb8, PCI irq9
 Socket status: 30000006
 Yenta IRQ list 0cb8, PCI irq9
 Socket status: 30000020
 #

Which is presumably half the story (no response from pcmcia_core).

What do i do now?

Sorry to stretch this out so long - the thread is so wide I need to
keep widening the kmail window...

--
richard