Re: gaim problem

Scott C. Linnenbringer wrote:
On Wed, Dec 31, 2004, at 08:02 -0600, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:

I know that I'm using testing/unstable.

That doesn't mean, however, that you are running the unstable
distribution.

If you really wanted to know, show the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list
If your main repository contains either 'testing' or 'sarge' you'll be
pulling 0.64 from it.

I did an apt-get dist-upgrade -t testing like the third day I had my box up. tty1-6 says that I'm running testing/unstable

I had to add another source to my sources.list (which I'll provide if anyone wants) so my problem is solved now.

I know Robert McQueen (gaim's maintainer, last time I checked) runs his
own repository on people.d.o with his latest packages, so I figure
that's where you obtained it from.

Nope.

deb http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/wo
ody gnome2.2/

I also encountered the problem that was the original point of this thread, GAIM dieing when you send a msg via MSN or Yahoo, but it has only happened once so I dunno.

I use neither of those services/modules, but you might want to
investigate some more. Gaim's not perfect, but it has never crashed for
me.

Well, now it crashes (repeatedly) when I try to enable "check spelling while typing". Granted I've also installed every available ispell module. ;)

The problem with it crashing when trying to msg an MSN user was a one time phenomenon.

Up until now I've never had problems with GAIM, either.

--
Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.
Student at Motlow State Community College