gaim problem

Hi,

I am not very sure I should be sending this on this list. Please tell me if I am wrong.

I installed gaim ( version 0.72 ) using aptitude. It shows my contacts on YM and MSN but the moment I click on one of them ( off or online ) gaim shuts down. I would send in a bug report but the message asks me if I am using the most recent version which I am not ( 0.74 )

Checking for new version with apt-get -t unstable does not find anything.

I did not want to compile from source since it is much easier to keep the system up to date using apt.

Has anybody faced any similar problems?

Thanks
panda