Re: My email is rejected by some sites

Hi,

Am Fr, den 19.12.2003 schrieb Adam um 20:30:
> On Tuesday 16 December 2003 20:20, Joerg Rossdeutscher wrote:
>
> > The solution is
> > - lots of exceptions in exim.conf (bad)
> > - using the proviers smarthost (good)
>
> My parents' ISP is now blocking my ISP's SMTP servers but not their whole
> IP range.  So if I had followed your "advice" about mailrouting, I would
> be completely unable to contact them.

Ask /why/ are they blocking.

I expect lots of spam came from your ISPs dialups? I read between your
lines, your provider is not forcing you to use smarthost, so he can not
control the amount of mail his customers are sending. Spammers
paradise...

Well, in that case, that's what i /expect/ my provider to do and why I
want to force people on smarthosts: The senders ISP (yours) then is
responsible for the amount of data running via his smarthost. He can cut
the line if someone is abusing it, and only if he doesn't other
providers have to filter yours.

It seems as if your provider hasn't been responsible, let's all his
customers do what they like to and in consequence has to be blocked
completely.

Bye, Ratti

--
 -o)    fontlinge  | Font management for Linux  | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\                                  http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/