Re: My email is rejected by some sites

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:46:15 +0100
Joerg Rossdeutscher <ratti@gesindel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Do, den 11.12.2003 schrieb Adam um 23:26:
>
> > Dynablock uses the presumption of guilt: if you
> > can't afford to buy a static IP, you don't deserve to be able to
> > route mail directly.
>
> I agree to that. Not everyone should use a private mailserver.
> Hobbyists and Freaks should not run such service, it's a job for
> professionals, and those have a static ip. I'm really tired of
> writing a lot in mailinglists an get lots of "You mail to
> cool_kid@local could not be delivered..."
>
> There's nothing wrong with fetching mail
> - immediately after every dial in
> - every 10 minutes when being online
> - every 3 hours no matter if already online
>
> Works fine here.
>
> > Which may or may not be reliable.  My ISP's mailservers are
> > reliable _most_ of the time -- but when they are not, they do
> > not return warning messages until they bounce the mail after 48
> > hours on the queue.
>
> Uh.
>
> Bye, Ratti

I have a block of static IPs.  I have the blessings of my provider.
I was even asked to stop using their servers as a "smart host".
Yet, my IP numbers are listed as being a range used as "Cable, DSL &
Dial Ups" and mail from my server is being blocked by those who use
SORBS.  I do everything I can to keep my server locked down and not
to be relayed through.  I even go test it once in awhile to make
sure there are no exploits open.  Blocking an IP range just without
knowing they are open relays or sending out spam is no better than
arresting a black man because the police officer has some idiot
belief that black men commit all crimes.

--
Raquel
As long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to be down