Kernel 2.6.0 and Debian

Has anyone got 2.6.0 working on Debian Woody?  Running a mix of
stable and unstable updated to the latest release.

I can get the kernel to load but none of the modules are loaded or
even seen at all.

I have tried compiling with and without using make-kpkg and the same
thing results.

I have updated the mod-init-tools from their homepage as noted on
various web searches I did.  Nothing seems to have worked.

I'm doing this to get my ATI Radeon 9800Pro to work with X4.2.1.1
which is the latest one that apt can find!

Any help would be appreciated :)

--
Martin J Hooper
http://www.martinjh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk