Re: Wish to network my home computers but don't know Jack about it

On Friday 19 December 2003 22:59, Ken Irving wrote:
[...]
> > should look at broadband sharing, too, even though I won't use it
> > yet?
>
> Broadband and dial-up differ in speed and the details, but make no
> difference in how your local network is set up.

Except, perhaps in that the permanently open connection predicates a
greater awareness of security issues.  Perhaps one of the older
machines should take up duty as a firewall?

And with adsl it becomes possible to look at an adsl router/modem --
mine at least has been trouble free and reliable for about three years
now.

--
richard