Re: .htaccess question

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 at 22:50 GMT, Gruessle penned:

>> Don't bother with HTTP redirects.  Just use a symlink.
>>
>> good times, Vineet
>
> This is what I found:
>
>      #include <unistd.h>
>
>      int symlink(const char *name1, const char *name2);
>
> Now I am guessing I have to put a file in to each directory or do I
> have to put a file in to the "images" directory and it will link all
> files and sub-directorys?
>
> What do i call that file?  index.php maybe?
>
> What do I enter in to this file?  This maybe:
>
> #include <unistd.h> int symlink(const char *, const char /immages/*);
>

> I think I am totaly lost now.

Doh!

'symlink' is just shorthand for 'symbolic link', which on the
command-line is handled using 'ln -s <source> <dest>'.

So, if I want blah.html to also be accessable as index.html:

ln -s blah.html index.html

Beware, though: if you later remove blah.html, index.html will be what
is known as a "dangling symlink."

--
monique