Re: DynIP mail blocking considered harmful (was: Re: My email is rejected by some sites)

On Thursday 18 December 2003 21:40, Joerg Rossdeutscher wrote:

> You share a network neighbourhood with _others_. Your machine start
> connections to my machine, and when my machine want's to answer your
> machine half an hour later, _your_ machine is gone, or another machine
> is answering, or..., so your computer makes trouble. And I don't let you
> make trouble to my machine.

You don't necessarily need to connect back to the same machine to bounce
an e-mail or reply to it, as long as the return address is valid.  Many
static networks have different hosts for incoming and outgoing mail.  Many
home users operating their own outgoing MTA get their incoming mail by
POP3 from a static server.