Re: Opium [was: Re: freelance sysadmining -- superlong -- [WAS: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"]]

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 03:02:06PM -0500, Alfredo Valles wrote:
> On Saturday 15 November 2003 2:30 pm, Vikki Roemer wrote:
> > >
> > > But  talibans and islamists don't spend billions of dollars a year in
> > > weapons.
> >
> > No, they just fund terrorist groups that fly planes into occupied
> > skyscrapers.
>
> I don't like talibans. But what I mean is that if you launch all the
> planes on
> US against New York city it won't cause 10% of the destruction of a single
> nuclear missile. (I'm sure that  US have more nuclear missiles than civil
> plains).

True.  I guess you do have a point.

If this place becomes a theocracy, I'm out of here-- I'm buying my own
island  and seceding from the US.  Or I'll just move to England-- it's
pretty nice there.

> > And I heard that there was also a lot of evidence that the Democrats
> > cheated, too-- they just weren't successful. *shrug*  What's done is done--
>
> Wow!. Then US citizens should be very concerned about their electoral
> system,
> cause it's not working as it should. What bring us back to the main
> question:
> Why US citizens do nothing?  I don't know.

We do care, and we're slowly trying to fix the bugs  in the system, as
corruption is uncovered.

Personally, I think the whole federal government system  is corrupted and
bloated and it needs to be totally redone from scratch.  Unfortunately, I'm
prolly looking at this like a hacker. :(

--
Vikki Roemer        Homepage: http://neuromancer.homelinux.com/
Registered Linux user #280021   http://counter.li.org/

Pointers and NULLs reference each other.
High level and assembler depend on each other.
Double and float cast to each other.
High-endian and low-endian define each other.
While and until follow each other.

PGP fingerprint: 0A3E 0AE4 CCD9 FF31 B4BB  C859 2DE1 B1D8 5CE0 1578
Keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/