Re: maybe I missed a thread

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:01:10 -0600

> On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 07:09, Tom Allison wrote:
> > I have been unsubscribed from 'debian-user' for a bit so I may have
> > missed a thread on this one.
> >
> > But there has been a lot of discussion on other distro-lists about
> > the potential implications concerning the recent announcements of
> > RedHat/Fedora and SuSE/Novell.  From the other lists, there's a lot
> > of discussion about alternatives and with that Debian is mentioned A
> > LOT.
> >
> > Does any of this have any real potential influence on Debian?
>
> How about an influx of "users" who depend on GUI for administration,
> and who aren't sick of RPM?

I intend to agree here, especially with all the work being done at
present on the installation aspect of Debian. This is going to make
Debian much more 'accessible' to the general population than it has been
in the past. I have been thinking even of proposing the formation of
another one or two mailing lists (I considered 'networking' to have
enough traffic to be classified as a separate topic), as Debian-User, as
the general mailing list is possibly going to become deluged. Though we
probably have some time before that potential occurs.
Regards,

David.