Re: Social Engineering. {was: Re: Opium [was: Re: freelance sysadmining -- superlong -- [WAS: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"]]

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 15:12, David Palmer. wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:44:33 -0600
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 14:48, David Palmer. wrote:

> > > Agreed.
> > > Einstein failed a maths exam, didn't see the sense in memorising
> > > multiplication tables when they were already written down.
> > > The education programme, which varies extensively with any
> > > particular environment, is initiated from approved texts. The most
> > > successful(individuals?) within the restrictions of the imposed
> > > paradigms gains the appropriate marks of social approval. Thinking
> > > outside the square and other symptoms of intelligence are looked
> > > down upon. and even derogated.
> > > The modern 'educational' process is there to teach people how to
> > > read just well enough so that they no longer need to think.
> > > Regards,
> >
> > It seems to me that the "most successful" would be those who can
> > master the social needs (get good grades from approved testbooks,
> > etc), while still being able to think outside the box.
> >
> These potentially highly dangerous individuals are confined to
> institutions known as 'research centres', and if non conforming are seen
> as a disruptive and undesirable element by the established social order,
> and are further relegated to the classification of 'terrorist'.

Jeez, *I* got good grades in school, yet still (I think) think out-
side the box, yet don't live in a "research centre", the established
social order doesn't think I'm a disruptive and undesirable element,
and hasn't yet classified me a "terrorist".

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"I went home with a waitress the way I always do. How was I to
know she was with the Russians, too?"