Re: Opium [was: Re: freelance sysadmining -- superlong -- [WAS: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"]]

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 01:35:20PM -0500, Alfredo Valles wrote:
> On Friday 14 November 2003 1:14 pm, donw@examen.com wrote:
>
> > On the upside, those with the brains to move
> > themselves up on the socioeconomic ladder will do quite well.
>
> I don't think they will do so well with the number of guns you have in the
> streets, bullets don't distinguish Ph degrees.

PhDs and brains don't go hand-in-hand; part of being smart is knowing
how to work within whatever cultural limitations you must; in the case
of firearm-owning Americans, you just need to be smart enough not to not
get on their bad side.  Social engineering at its most useful.