Re: Going to give it another shot-need more help

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 01:41:46PM -0800, Mark Healey wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:56:20 -0800 (PST), Mark Healey wrote:
> >On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:17:43 -0600, Kent West wrote:

> >Is there any significant reason to prefer having it in the kernel as
> >opposed to just having it installed at boot?
>
> Ok, it is in /etc/modules and seems to be working.  Now I just need to
> know where I put the ip address, gateway address, netmask (I don't
> know what this one does but my ISP assigned me one), and name server
> addresses for that card.

man ifconfig
man route
man resolv.conf

If I remember correctly, you'll want to do the ifconfig first,
specifying the ip address and netmask, then use route to specify the
gateway.  I think the commands should look something like this:

  ifconfig eth0 <IP address> netmask <netmask> up
  route add default gw <gateway>

And the nameserver addresses go in /etc/resolv.conf

	Cheers!
--