Re: Installing modem.

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003, Hoyt Bailey wrote:

> wvdialconf would not run unless I did the following: wvdialconf
> /etc/wvdial.conf (or something like that)
> When it did run it only checked ttyS0 and ttyS1 plus some ports and didnt
> find the modem.  However the modem shows up in KDE Control Center.

Since I have the same modem, lets try this:

----- /etc/wvdial.conf -----
[Dialer Defaults]
Phone = 5551234
Username = xxxxxxx
Password = xxxxxxx
New PPPD = yes
Modem = /dev/ttyS4
Baud = 115200
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
ISDN = 0
Modem Type = Analog Modem

(If you want to try this, may I suggest backing up the original
/etc/wvdial.conf file first?)

Hope that helps.

I don't use KDE (this being a headless box) but rather pon/poff for my
isp connection.

--
 icq:    34583382             | Nethack 3.4.2 is out!  http://www.nethack.org
 jabber: dasunt@theoretic.com |  "And how can man die better / Than facing