Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 09:26, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 07:32:41AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > > No! Emulating proprietry software is not the future for an open source
> > > operating system.
> >
> > Unfortunately, it is until the Broderbunds and KnowledgeAdventures
> > and Adobes and Quarks and Intuits and Uleads and Macromedias and
> > Autodesks and FileMakers and all the other little and small s/w
> > houses start making native Linux s/w.
>
> That would solve the emulation problem but not the proprietry problem.

As in "proprietary, closed-source apps"?

Well, that depends on if you see them as a "problem", or something
that you prefer not to use.

I prefer not to use proprietary, closed-source apps, but, when
necessary, will pay for them, and use them, even on Debian.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"As the night fall does not come at once, neither does
oppression. It is in such twilight that we must all be aware of
change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting
victims of the darkness."
Justice William O. Douglas