Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 11:01:58AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> As in "proprietary, closed-source apps"?
>
> Well, that depends on if you see them as a "problem", or something
> that you prefer not to use.
>
> I prefer not to use proprietary, closed-source apps, but, when
> necessary, will pay for them, and use them, even on Debian.

Personally I haven't really made my mind up about prioprietry apps, and
whether RMS is right or not. However, the success of Linux is widely
attributed to the open-source development model, so I can't really see
the future of Linux throwing it away.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/