Re: heres my noob install questions, smart people please help

----- Original Message -----
From: "ScruLoose" <scruloose+debuser@eastlink.ca>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 21:47
Subject: Re: heres my noob install questions, smart people please help

In linux or windows I dont qualify as smart but I have some experience with
this subject.  I think you are under some misconception about whats
happening.  I had a windows system and a RH system on the same disk.  The RH
system auto mounted the windows at /mnt/windows so I had access to all of
the windows files it was easy to transfer xxx to RH by cp xxx xxx.  I was
mostly using gimp on the RH but could not think of a way to transfer from RH
to windows except via floppy.  Consider the following when windows is
mounted on the linux system it is just a file on a directory (mnt/windows)
windows isnt running!  Should you write a file to /mnt/windows there is
nothing to check for free space, nothing to register the file as far as
windows is concerned the file dosent exist but you have corrupted the system
by overwriting files that it knows about.  What would happen ?  Who knows!
All you have to do is mount linux on a windows part. and then you will have
access to the linux files.
GFL (not translated).
Regards;
Hoyt