Re: source.list won't stat (problem gone)

> From: Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>

> > > To copy from xterm, highlight the region you want to copy with the
> > > left mouse button. To paste somewhere else, middle-click.
> >=20
> > Sorry - not working (with middle mousebutton; I don't expect span to
> > work because I didn't say to emulate three-button when I
> > installed).=20
>
> If you re-run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86", you can change this.

Yes, but why do I need to emulate 3-button when I have a middle
scroll-button on the mouse?

> > But my question was actually about how to paste from the keyboard.
>
> Somethine like this should work:
>
> $ apt-get -y install blah > /tmp/log 2>&1

That's not quite what I meant. I know I can do this, but it's not
really copying and pasting to and from xterm with the keyboard. One
disadvantage is when the program I'm running in xterm involves a
prompt, it is hidden by a pipe. So I'm in the habit of using instead
the script utility. It allows me to respond to prompts, and it records
my inputs as well.

I'm beginning to suspect that the reason I'm not able to copy/paste
with xterm is that I discovered that gmp was not installed as part of
the basic debian package. I installed it, and when I next restart the
X server, I'll see if I can use the clipboard with xterm.

Haines