Re: source.list won't stat (problem gone)

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 15.23, Haines Brown wrote:
> > Somethine like this should work:
> >
> > $ apt-get -y install blah > /tmp/log 2>&1
>
> That's not quite what I meant. [...]

I am not absolutely sure what you are trying to do but if you want to copy the
output of some command to a file but still get everything at the prompt,
wouldn't this work?

apt-get install blah | tee /tmp/test.log

It works even if the program is interactive. However, I tried that with a
dist-upgrade and in that case it didn't work, but I guess I couldn't expect
that. Is this a viable solution to this task, anyone else?

Regards
Olle Eriksson