Re: netiquette: CCing on lists

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 at 23:38 GMT, Mark Ferlatte penned:

>=20 Whoa.  Where did all of those `=3D' chars come from?

Dunno.  I see them on some of the messages I receive.  And then again
just now in the text you quoted.

Something about slrn not handling quoted-printable multi-part messages
properly, I believe.  I don't know the meaning of what I just said, but
that's what I've been told.  I guess I could write a vim script to clean
it up on replies.

>> Actually, now that I think about it, I suppose that I could write a
>> procmail or tmda rule to simply route anything that appears to have
>> headers containing both the debian list and my email to a separate
>> folder or /dev/null.  So maybe I'll give that a shot when I get some
>> free time =3D)
>
> That could work.  Kind of icky, though.  If you were pulling
> debian-user automatically to your account (via leafnode or somesuch),
> maybe you could g= et the message-ids from the newsspool, and filter
> dups using that... but I don= 't use gmane, so I have no idea if that
> would actually work.

That doesn't sound much less icky =P  I do use leafnode, though.  I
don't think the message IDs are the same, but it's worth looking into.

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.